(DOWNLOAD & PRINT THE MAP ABOVE)
The Petaluma Downtown Association presents its 2018
Halloween Trick or Treat Trail
through Downtown Petaluma
Wednesday October 31st, 3:00pm - 5:30pm
Join over 80 participating Downtown merchants for a fun and safe community Halloween for the entire family and goodies for costumed kids under 12. Prepare for a hauntingly "ghould" time from 3 - 5:30pm on Wednesday October 31st as the scary, the cute, the ugly and the creepy descend on Downtown Petaluma.
2018 Participating Merchants
|Acorn Chiropractic Club ||Acre Coffee |
|Alphabet Soup||Athletic Soles|
|Barber Cellars||Bici Sport|
|Bleacher Critic||Boulevard Cinemas|
|Brewster's Beer Garden ||Brian's Comics|
|Cafe Zazzle||CBC Bakery|
|Coldwell Banker||Copperfields Books Inc.|
|Crocodile French Cuisine||Dempsey's Restaurant|
|Dollar Tree||Dukes & Dolls|
|Ethical Clothing||Field Works|
|First American Title Co. ||Flourish|
|Flower Child Consignment||Fourth & Sea|
|Fruit in Motion||Gallery One|
|Heebe Jeebe||Hollingsworth Jewelers|
|Hot Polka Dot||Hotel Petaluma|
|Kabuki Japanese Restaurant||Keller Street CoWork|
|Lauthr Salon||Law Offices of Elizabaeth A. Strasen|
|Lions & Tigers & Hair ||Louis Thomas|
|Marisa's Fantasia||McNear's Dining House & Saloon|
|MVSC||Nicole's Fashion Boutique|
|North Bay Smiles||Nostalgia Alley|
|Old Chicago Pizza||Old Republic Title|
|Passeggiata Shoes||Petaluma Historical Library & Museum|
|P-Town Pastry||Petaluma Dental Group|
|Petaluma Pet Company||Petaluma Pie Company|
|Petaluma Wildlife Museum||Petaluma Wireless|
|Pho Sonoma, Vietnamese Cuisine||Poppy Bank|
|Prodigy Hairdressing||Red Umbrella Consignment|
|Rex Hardware||Rivertown Feed & Pet Country Store|
|Robindira Unsworth||Rosen's 256 North|
|Shunzi||Soft Shell |
|Sole Desire||Sonoma Coast Surf Shop|
|Sonoma Spice Queen||Stink|
|Summer Cottage Antiques||Taps|
|The New Yorker||The Seed Bank|
|The Shop||The Strike Zone|
|The Sweet Zone||Thrifty Hippy|
|Toy B. Ville||Truck & Barter Co.|
|Uber Optics||Umpqua Bank|
|Urban Elements||Vanguard Properties|
|Vintage Bank Antiques||WORK Petaluma|
Enjoy these fun Halloween tidbits:
- Orange and black are Halloween colors because orange is associated with the Fall harvest and black is associated with darkness and death.
- Jack o’ Lanterns originated in Ireland where people placed candles in hollowed-out turnips to keep away spirits and ghosts on the Samhain holiday.
- Pumpkins also come in white, blue and green. Great for unique monster carvings!
- Halloween was brought to North America by immigrants from Europe who would celebrate the harvest around a bonfire, share ghost stories, sing, dance and tell fortunes.
- Tootsie Rolls were the first wrapped penny candy in America.
- The ancient Celts thought that spirits and ghosts roamed the countryside on Halloween night. They began wearing masks and costumes to avoid being recognized as human.
- Halloween candy sales average about 2 billion dollars annually in the United States.
- Chocolate candy bars top the list as the most popular candy for trick-or-treaters with Snickers #1.
- Halloween is the 2nd most commercially successful holiday, with Christmas being the first.
- Bobbing for apples is thought to have originated from the roman harvest festival that honors Pamona, the goddess of fruit trees.
- Black cats were once believed to be witch's familiars who protected their powers.